Nowadays the web is polluted by phishing scammers, who want to steal your passwords, accounts, credit cards, and other sensitive data by sending you false messages or redirecting you to fake websites. To steal consumer’s personal identity data and financial account credentials, phishing attacks use email with fraudulent content. So to be secure from all this phishing attacks you have to turn ON Anti-Phishing feature in your system. This feature is used to detect and prevent phishing attacks.
If you turn OFF This feature in your system then, you put your system is at risk. After turning OFF This feature, your personal identity data, financial account credentials are not safe. The one of the example of phishing is sending a fake website links through emails where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, and bank account numbers. In this way Phishing scammers steal your passwords, accounts, credit cards, and other sensitive data by sending you email with fraudulent content.
To protect yourself against phishing you have to take steps, never use links in an email to connect to a website unless you are absolutely sure they are authentic. Be careful of emails asking for confidential information – especially information of a personal and financial nature. Trusted organizations will never request sensitive information via emails so never give your personal information via these links. RAM Antivirus protects you better from phishing attacks.
How to Prevent These Attacks?
In order to prevent cyber-attacks or stay safe from online scams, it is necessary to install anti-phishing software on their PC. It is important to follow some tips to prevent phishing, such as:
- Check before clicking the links sent by email. You can hover over links and check if you find anything suspicious such as a misspelling or an unknown URL.
- Submit the information on a website with the prefix “https” before the site URL.
- Rather than clicking the links received by email, type the URL manually in the address bar.
- Never share your sensitive credentials such as password, account number, card details, and so on. with your loved ones.
- You should be smart enough to spot a threatening trick. Know how to detect a phishing email.
Use Anti-phishing Software
Internet security software with anti-phishing attributes helps detect phishing attacks. Download the Ram Antivirus software to stay protected from such attacks. The antivirus intercepts and blocks malicious Web sites preventing various attempts of fraud or phishing.
How to turn ON Anti Phishing feature in RAM Antivirus
- First you have to download RAM Antivirus from ramantivirus.com website.
- Click on Setting Option of RAM Antivirus.
- Then click on “Web Setting”.
- Under Web Setting, in the Anti Phishing row, move the ON/OFF switch to turn ON Anti-Phishing feature.
Once you turn ON Anti Phishing feature you have to no worry about phishing attacks. This feature in RAM Antivirus protects you from visiting malicious, unsafe or infected websites. The Anti Phishing feature analyzes all the websites that you visit and inform you the security level of that website, that means this website is safe or unsafe. If the website you visit is unsafe, Anti-Phishing feature blocks that website and protect your system. Hence, always turn ON Anti-Phishing feature and secure your system.